Monday 6 January 2014

Sometimes she just doesn't get it...

The lady of the house can be a bit slow to figure out stuff sometimes. Like, when she needs to really stop anything else she is doing, and concentrate on me instead. When I need my lap time, she needs to sit somewhere as still as possible, so that she wouldn't disturb my sleep. She shouldn't even surf the web at the same time, it affects the quality of my sleep even though she doesn't understand that. This is what happened the other day.

 
She was surfing the web when I decided it was time for a nap on her lap. I got a comfortable position, and tried to rest my head on her wrist.

 
I would say my message was quite obvious: STOP SURFING AND DO WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO, BE MY PILLOW!

 
But no, she just carried on. You can imagine how uncomfortable I was there, while she was scrolling and clicking with that hand that I really needed as my pillow! AND; could you believe her guts: she was checking out some cheap flights! As if she would be going anywhere! I haven't granted any vacation for her! She can't just go and book a holiday without consulting me first! She should know by now that the vacation process requires careful planning and finding a trustworthy and good caretaker for me while they plan to be away. She should ALWAYS consult me first! 

 
Well, finally something in her slow brain clicked, and she got her priorities straight. This was much better. Nap on her lap with some nice scritches. Bliss.
 
(She might get her vacation after all, sometimes I might be a bit too quick to judge...)


18 comments:

  1. It is just so difficult to get good staff, says Helmi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I have noticed it many times...

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel. My mum is always on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, and she can't be writing my blog all the time, I can't understand what else would be important in there.

      Delete
  3. We share your pain. That situation is all too familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's nice to now there is peer support available!

      Delete
  4. Humans are slow learners, aren't they, Carlos?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Us humans can be hard to train. At least that's what all the dogs and cats are saying anyways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I don't know about dogs but we cats are at least right!

      Delete
  6. We require a vacation request be filled out (in triplicate!) at least six months in advance.

    In our dreams, that is...*sigh*

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good idea! I think I will implement that process for my staff too! Nice to see you here!

      Delete
  7. We agree that beans are not easy to train. But with time and perseverance you will gets what you want. Just like a kitty should, MOL!
    Sasha, Sami, & Saku
    Pee Ess: the mom bean is always interested in vacations...she says where is your mom going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, time and perseverance is needed, it's sometimes just so frustrating!

      Delete
  8. dood...yur peepulz R goin a way ???

    HOUZ PARTEE AT CARLOS PLACE....BE THER OR BEE A PUPPY !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish, she was just browsing and didn't book anything. And, the worst case scenario is that I would be send out to some creepy cat hostel!! Brr.... So much for having a party!

      Delete
  9. OMC THE NERVE OF HER!!! Not only not having your pillow but booking a flight so that you are home alone??!! OMC! I am glad she came to her senses though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm really glad too that she finally realised what her priorities in life are!

      Delete